10/24/12
Kids talk politics
Benjamin overheard us talking about the presidential debate. He started asking who Romney was, why we have to vote to elect the President and why some would vote for one vs the other. So we tried to explain the difference between Obama and Romney, in simple 6-year-old terms...
Us: Obama wants to take money from the rich and give it to the poor. Romney wants for everyone to be self-efficient and have an opportunity to take care of themselves.
Ben: If I had money, I would want to share.
Us: Sharing is wonderful. We should always share. But sharing should come from the heart. The government should never force anybody to share.
Now fast forward to the next day. We're getting in the car to go drop some stuff off at DI. The boys have this huge bear they don't play with anymore. There is no room for it in our house. We've been keeping it stuffed in the closet. So we finally decided it was time for it to go. As Scott was putting the bear in the back of the car...
Ben: Dad, why are we getting rid of our bear?
Scott (something along these lines): You guys don't play with it anymore. There is no room for it. Another little boy or girl would really love to have it.
Ben: But I don't want to give it away to another boy or girl.
Scott: I know (and then reemphasizes the 'why' again)
Ben: Dad, you're acting like Obama right now.
Ha! So funny! This kid cracks us up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not surprised Ben is getting into politics... he is a future President of the United States! :-)
That is so funny... kids catch on to the funniest things don't they! We have attachment to toys here to which makes it hard to give to others! I guess its just a learning thing!
Your baby girl is so so cute! I hope we get to come home for christmas and we can come see the cute little thing in person!
Too cute! Kids are so smart, it's scary sometimes!
Post a Comment