12/11/07

MY JOB

So this is me heading out the door to go to work. My, seemingly, endless education finally paid off. I got a job at the local hospital on a surgical unit. I work night shift (three nights per week), so it's been a little bit of an adjustment. The nights that I work I completely loose track of time or day. I think it's a Wednesday when it's really a Friday. It's messing with my head. Other than that, I really like working nights. It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I think I have some serious help from above, because I'm the most awake person on the unit and the only one who doesn't drink coffee to try to stay awake. My bright turquoise scrubs is not my choice (in case you're wondering), it's my unit's dress code. I think it's the only hospital in Las Vegas that has a dress code. Lame, but what do you do?

I'm afraid to say it out loud, but so far...I love my job.


2 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

YEAH, congrats. you look so professional. And wow 3 nights a week, I don't think I could do that! You are one tough woman. The color really doesn't look that bad, but yeah that is dumb them have a dress code. is that so they can tell who works on what floor? Well keep up the good work, and you really do look great!

kristen said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your job! Another benefit of the night shift is that you miss traffic hour on the way to work, but I guess you catch it coming home in the morning. Hopefully you're finding time to catch some sleep!