Our boys’ birthdays are less than 3 weeks apart (+ 2 years), so we asked if they wanted to have a combined birthday party and they were more than happy to oblige (hurray!). We did a Dr. Seuss theme and, naturally, the boys were Thing 1 and Thing 2 … well, naturally, because they are just as mischievous as those real Things are. It was a busy day but full of fun. The boys were so excited, they ran to bed the night before because they couldn’t wait for the party. They were up at 6:30 in the morning asking when their friends are coming over. Their excitement was contagious and I just love to see my little peanuts so happy. The smiles on their faces were worth all the hours it took me to get that party organized. We had so much fun!
The culprits
Some of the decorations - the Truffula trees and Lorax
The snack table.
I had all these cute tags with clever names made for all the food and what Dr. Seuss books it was coming from. But, alas, I ran out of time and didn't get them printed.
The main attraction. I came across an amazing deal on an all-day bounce house rental that I couldn't pass up. So glad I didn't. It was a huge hit with all the 18 kiddos. It was craziness.
We made Lorax hats
We had to rush to Benjamin's soccer game right after the party. His team won 14 - 2. Ben kicking a goal in here. He loves soccer and is quite good at it. No surprise there though. I don't think there is anything this kid is not good at. Except for maybe listening to his mommy sometimes :o).
Then we were back home for some more bounce house craziness.
It was a full and fun day. There is nothing better than putting to bed two perfectly happy, grateful and completely exhausted kiddos.
Happy Birthday, little bugs! We love you more than words could ever describe.
No comments:
Post a Comment