6/15/11

my race...


I ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon this last Saturday. It was awesome! I kind of got burnt out from training for it and was saying that it will be my last half marathon. But after actually being there bright and early, running that beautiful course, feeling the adrenaline rush, and crossing that finish line feeling strong, convinced me otherwise. There will probably be many more half marathons to come. But for now… Herriman Black Ridge Triathlon here we come! The race is at the end of July and Scott is doing it with me, along with some friends of ours. I’m super excited to do a race with Scott. Well, mostly I’m excited to kick that cute little bum of his on race day. That’s if I can survive the swim…

6 comments:

ashley said...

Oh, Diana! You are so tough! I'm excited for you that you did this and that it rekindled your love for the half marathon. If I survive this week, in thinking I'll do a half in August. It seems so daunting, but you've inspired me! Even if you like fungus. ;)

Emily said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. I haaate running. But there's something very...I don't know what to call it, but the feeling at races makes you want to race a million races! You know what I mean?

Good luck in your triathlon. If you can't swim, walk like me! I walk through the pool and don't get DQ'd, so you can too! :)

kristen said...

good job Diana! That will be fun to do the triathalon with Scott....can't wait to hear who "wins". :)

zinka said...

I'm so proud of you my Beautiful Daughter! I'm sure you'll see more benefits of doing it in a long run. Good luck for both of you on triathlon!

Sarah said...

You're my hero! I wish I was a runner! It hurts me knee though. Swimming on the other hand...if only there was a triathalon where each person just did one leg!

The Meesh said...

Hello! You were in my town! I wished I'd known I would have come cheer for you! Congrats girlie! That's such a huge accomplishment.