5/18/11

"Last day of preschool EVER!"

Today was the last day of Benjamin's preschool. He kept telling me all excited, "Mom, today is my last day of preschool EVER". He loved preschool, but he is SO exited for kindergarten. In fact, he keeps complaining of having to have a summer break. Silly boy! It's been fun to think back to two years ago when he was just starting preschool. How much he's grown, how much he's learned. I can't believe I'm going to have a kindergartner. My baby is reading, starting to write, doing additions and subtraction and all sorts of things. What? What happened to my helpless baby boy that needed me all the time. Sheesh, at this rate he'll be driving and moving out before I know it.

During their preschool program Ben was asked what he wants to be when he grows up. This kid cracks me up. He said, "I want to be an alien and an electrical engineer like my daddy. He is not an alien, just an electrical engineer. But I want to be an alien electrical engineer." I bet you could be whatever you set your mind on, kiddo! We're so proud of you!

*A little clarification - he sometimes confuses astronauts with aliens. He really meant to say he wants to be an astronaut electrical engineer.

First day of preschool - 2 years ago

Last day of preschool - today

1 comment:

kristen said...

that's great that he's excited for kindergarten! Ben is looking so grownup! Kenna cried when I told her that her preschool friends will start school next year but she has one more year of preschool. Life is tough.