Absolutely adorable!! I had fun browsing through your blog and getting caught up. Can't believe you gutted a fish! I'd leave that for Dan to do.You are truly a superwoman...maybe next year's theme? :)
Great costumes. We were parents for Halloween - went with something new this year. Shucks, if I had known you were in Valley of Fire I would have drove over for a visit to crash the fun.
Scott and I met while studying at BYU. We were married in August of 2004 at the Bountiful Temple. We have been blessed with four amazing little kiddos. Benjamin is 6 and is the smartest kid I know. Andrew is 4 and he's got the funniest little personality. Lily is 6 months and she is our joy and our sunshine. We are also privileged to be parents to a perfect little baby girl that we didn't get to keep on this earthly journey. They all make our life so full and so fun each and every day!
Things they says that just have to be remembered...
BENJAMIN:
5/11 - Ben is asking me if Andrew and him could go play at a friends' house. I must have hesitated for a second because he was quick to add "If I'm at Seth's house than you can just clean up the house and I won't be here to mess it up...and I won't be bugging you...doesn't that sound like a good idea?" Haha! How could I say no to that one?
3/11 - We are at church at the sacrament meeting. The speaker is crying... Andrew: Ben, why is she crying? Ben: Because she feels the spirit.
2/11 - Benjamin was telling me about a dream he had last night... Ben: I saw Jesus come down from Heaven. Me: Did He talk to you? Ben: Well, no. He was talking to everybody. Me: What did He say? Ben: I don't really remember. Me: How did you feel when you saw Him? Ben: I was like "oh my gosh, it's Jesus" and I was smiling. Me: That's a pretty cool dream. Ben: Yeah, I wish Jesus would come down to Earth again in real life. Me: Me too.
1/11 - We're driving in a car. Benjamin asked for a drink and I didn't have any. After a couple of seconds of thinking about it, he says "When I am an electrical engineer, I will build fountains on the road, so when somebody gets thirsty in a car, they can just stop and get a drink of water from a fountain. I don't know why Daddy hadn't thought about that?"
3/10 - Davey (Scott’s cousin): “Benjamin, how old are you?” Ben: “I’m 3.” Davey: “When do you turn 4?” Ben: “After you’re 3.”
3/10 - Benjamin is saying a prayer before bed ”…please bless our prophet Thomas S. Monson…(pause)…Obama? Mom, who’s Obama?” Me: “He is the President of the Unites States of America.” Ben (continues with his prayer): “Heavenly Father, please bless Obama…” It’s was kind of funny. He’s been praying for him ever since. I think our president can probably use some 3-year-olds praying for him.
10/09 - I'm making dinner and Benjamin is asking me for fruit snacks. I've already told him several times that he can have some after dinner, but not right now. After asking me yet again and me telling him not till after dinner, he says "urgh, you stubborn old mare". (fyi, it's from a geotrax dvd that he loves).
9/09 - At dinner Benjamin was messing around and fell off his chair head first. After some crying, he climbs back on the chair and says, "Why did you make this floor with tile and not grass? It wouldn't hurt my head so much if it was grass."
8/09 - Benjamin was watching Cindirella for the first time. (I have to admit, it was my idea to watch it. It used to be my favorite growing up.) After the movie was over, he said "Mom, let's not watch that ever again."
4/09 - Benjamin was blessing the food for dinner. After blessing everyone’s individual plates and drinks, and then blessing everybody he knows, twice, he said “…and bless Omner and Himni…”. (For those who don’t know, Omner and Himni were sons of Mosiah from the Book of Mormom, read full story here http://scriptures.lds.org/en/mosiah/27 )
4/09 - We’re at the doctor’s office, checking out. Benjamin is talking to everybody who’ll listen to him in the lobby. One lady asked him what his name was. Here’s his answer… Ben: I’m Benjamin. I’m almost 3 years old. I’m going to be baptized. I’ll be a missionary one day.
3/09 - I put Ben in time-out (the corner)… Ben: When I turn into a dinosaur, I’ll scare you away from putting me in time-out.
3/09 - I was helping Benjamin say a prayer. We thanked Heavenly Father for our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. After the prayer... Ben: Thomas S. Monson is our prophet? Me: Yes, he is. Ben: I love him. He is my friend.
2/09 - We're on our way back from the doctor's office. Benjamin's got a really bad runny nose... Ben: Mom, we need to go back to the doctor. Me: Why? Ben: He needs to take my nose off, it's too runny.
2/09 – I’m doing yoga; I’m in my zone, ignoring everything and everyone else. Scott, apparently, thinks it’s funny, so he tries to break my concentration by kissing my face. I try to shoo him away at which Ben gets a running start, jumps on top of me, pins me down and yells “Kiss ‘er, Daddy, kiss ‘er”. Great…there goes my Zen breathing…
12/08 - We are in the car with my Mom. Ben: Mommy hit a car the other morning. Mom (to me): You did? Me: Yea, I did...I wasn't gonna tell you...Thanks, Benjamin.Ben: Did you say sorry to the peoples? Me: Yes, I told them I was very sorry. Ben: Thank you for saying sorry. Me: You're welcome. Ben: Did you give them money? Me: No, I didn't give them money. Ben: Give them hundred dollars.
ANDREW:
2/11 The boys were eating cereal (Crunch Berries). Andrew was picking all the purple ones out and saying, "Who wants the poopoo one?"
2/11 Andrew: (really sweet voice) Mommy, can I please hit Benjamin? Me: No, you may not hit Benjamin. Andrew: (disappointed voice) oh, why?
2/11 I was at a Relief Society activity, the boys were being babysat by some young women in our Ward. As I was picking them up... Me: What did you guys do? Andrew: We watched a movie. Me: What movie did you watch? Andrew: Booty and the Beast
9/10 We just picked up Benjamin from preschool. I asked him what he did at preschool today... Ben: We talked about our names. Me: What did you say about your name? Ben: I said that I have the same name as a righteous king in the Book of Mormon, King Benjamin. Andrew: and I King Andrew.
13 comments:
You're costumes look awesome. Great job!
LOVE it! You guys look great. Sounds like a fun day. Way to get into the spirit, Scott!
You guys look awesome! I love it.
SOOOO CUTE!!! ALL OF YOU, way to go!! Love them all!
Your costumes are awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing you all in less than a month!!!
Simply... amazing! So creative and perfectly done ;-) I love your little lion!
Absolutely adorable!! I had fun browsing through your blog and getting caught up. Can't believe you gutted a fish! I'd leave that for Dan to do.You are truly a superwoman...maybe next year's theme? :)
Great Job on the costumes! I love 'em!
Very cute costumes--I love it when there is a theme (why don't I ever plan themed costumes for my family?). And your vacation looked like a blast.
Oh Man! You guys are too cute! Wish you loved closer so we could hang out. Do you ever come visit Utah?
Great costumes. We were parents for Halloween - went with something new this year.
Shucks, if I had known you were in Valley of Fire I would have drove over for a visit to crash the fun.
Your costumes are awesome! And congrats on the half marathon;that's an awesome claim.
Post a Comment