10/21/09

Family Vacation

Scott was able to take last week off work, so we packed up our bags, borrowed a camper trailer from Scott's uncle, and off we were for our little adventure. We did a little bit of camping in Valley of Fire National Park here in Nevada. Can you legally call it camping when you're sleeping in a camper trailer with a stove, a fridge, a king size bed, and a heater (although, the heater wasn't working)? It was so nice. It was the most luxurious camping I had ever done.

My little bug
It was beautiful out there. Who knew that the desert could be so pretty. Pictures don't do it any justice.
Can't go camping without roasting marshmallows.
Then we were off to Zion's to do some more camping there. It was the most perfect time of the year. The weather was absolutely beautiful and all the leaves were changing on the trees.
Andrew got to ride on Daddy's back for most of our hikes.



We then headed for Gunlock to get cleaned up and hang out with family. The boys decided to go fishing and the girls joined them later that afternoon. It was so much fun. Benjamin caught his first fish.


Andrew got a hold of a can of soda while I wasn't watching.
Gutting the fish
Our harvest
Eating the fish for dinner. Yum!

3 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

that looks super fun!! Your boys are so big!

Jenny said...

What a fun vacation. I like "luxury" camping too. It just seems to make things so much easier. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Nadia said...

How fun!!! I could do this kind of camping!!!! King size bed WOW!!!