1/28/08

Our Beloved Prophet

“Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.”
I know everyone has heard by now that our dear prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, had passed away. I just have to write a little tribute to the man I loved so much. It is so sad to have him go, but I realize that the sadness is only felt by those who are left behind. I can only imagine the joy that he is feeling after finally being reunited with his beloved wife, Marjorie, and his Savior. He has lived such a great life and left a remarkable legacy behind. He was the prophet since I joined the church. I remember when we moved to the US and I had my first opportunity to attend General Conference. I had never in my life felt the spirit stronger than when that man walked across the stage to his seat. The spirit was so overbearing that I just sat there and wept for the entire 2 hours of the conference session. The spirit once again confirmed to me that Gordon B. Hinckley was the true prophet of the world. I had never doubted that since. I love President Hinckley and I will never forget his powerful teachings and his example. I imagine there will be many great prophets yet to come, but I will never forget the great impact the President Hinckley had on my life and on who I am today.

I love you…

… ‘till we meet again.

1 comment:

kristen said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I know what you mean, on one hand, it's sad to see him go, but I'm also so happy for him to be reunited with his wife and free from the pains of sickness and old age. he lived a long and great life. By the way, I like your pregnancy countdown and added it to my website too. It's a good way for me to track how far I am....people ask me how many weeks I am and I really have to think about it sometimes. I always knew with my first pregnancy, but it seemed to go by slower becuase I was counting down every day. It's nice to be busy and distracted and have the time pass more quickly! May will be a great month!