6/23/08

Catching up

It’s getting really hot here in Vegas. Pretty much the only outdoor activity that is somewhat tolerable is going to the pool. Which we have been doing a lot of lately.



We did make it to the lake this last Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, we got together with some of our friends and their kiddos and had a fun time tubing, wakeboarding, and swimming around. Ben was a little intimidated by the lake at first but, after a little while, he didn’t want to get out of the water. He just kept jumping off the back of the boat while yelling “cannon ball”. We had a great time. We left Andrew at home with grandma. Thank you, grandma, for all your sacrifices.

Does Ben look a little scared to you? Hmm, maybe it's cause the boat is going 40 mph and Ben is driving it. I think we all had that facial expression. But, no worries, grandpi was right there to take over at any moment.

Scott showing off on the wakeboard Me showing off...hardlyScott skiing. He puts on quite a show.
Ben ready to go tubing
And last, but not least, it was grandpi's birthday yesterday. We had a little Brazilian party for him (he served his mission in Brazil). Parabens a voce, grandpi!!! We love you.

3 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

Wow look at how smooth that water is. I miss water skiing not like I could do it right now, but still I love going to the lake! Ben looks like he loves the pool, it seriously is a life saver! You will have to take him to the water parks in Henderson for little kids, he would have so much fun, we took ty there once and it was neat lots of different toys for the kids to play with. I think we went to whitney ranch one. I can't remember, good to see and heear from you guys, we are excited about the girl too! sure miss hanging out with you guys!

ashley said...

How fun!

I don't think I ever said congrats to you and Scott on cute little Andrew. He's such a beautiful baby. How fun!

You take such cute pictures too, by the way. We miss you guys!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, I think I have that EXACT SAME PICTURE of Scott on the lake, from when we went there freshman year. I mean same place, same move, EVERYTHING. I'll have to see if I can find it. How weird. Looks like a fun summer!